Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
February 3 – 5, 2020
6:30 pm – 8:15 pm
Practice Field (Swamp)
Thursday, Friday and Saturday
February 6 – 8, 2020
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm (Thursday & Friday)
11:00 am – 1:00 pm (Saturday)
Tryouts for the 2020 Boys Soccer teams will commence Monday, February 3, 2020. Any eligible student interested should be at Barker Field at 6:30 pm. The criteria to determine eligibility to participate in all extracurricular activities (including soccer) at Hilton Head High is set by the South Carolina High School League and the Beaufort County Board of Education – not the coaches. Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria cannot participate in any extracurricular activity (including tryouts) and the coaches cannot make any exceptions. These criteria include:
- Academic Performance – players must have a cumulative 2019/20 S1 GPA of 2.000 or greater.
- Physicals and Parent Permission/Consent – players must have a 2019/20 physical and properly completed parent permission/consent forms on file with the Athletic Director. If a player has not had a physical during this school year, s/he must get one and deliver it to the Athletic Director before participating – do not bring the physical to tryouts with you. See Mr. Monmonier (Athletic Director) or Ms. Kerr (Athletic Assistant) to verify that you have a physical or to find out when/where they are offered.
In addition, the following apply to Boys Varsity and JV soccer tryouts:
- Players are required to pre-register for Varsity and JV tryouts with Coach Olivetti in his office (Room Y204a) during ILT the week preceding tryouts (January 27 – 31). Coach Olivetti will check your eligibility and issue you a player number to use during tryouts.
- Any changes to the tryout schedule, location or rules will be posted to the HHH athletics website (hhihsathletics.org).
- All players must be properly equipped to participate – shirt, shorts, shinguards, socks and proper boots.
- All players in the 9th – 12th grade are encouraged to participate in Varsity tryouts.
- Participation in all three tryout sessions is not mandatory, but strongly All selections for the Varsity team will be made based on player performance during tryouts. However, as with all school activities, those who are suspended (OSS) or absent from school may not participate in extracurricular activities (including tryouts) on the days they are suspended/absent.
- Coaches will announce the Varsity roster on the evening of February 5, 2020. The names of those invited to join the Varsity squad will be posted on the HHH athletics website (hhihsathletics.org) and at school. Varsity practice will start on Thursday, February 6, 2020.
- All players in the 7th – 10th grade who are not on the Varsity roster are invited to participate in JV tryouts starting Thursday, February 6, 2020. All of the rules stated above apply to JV tryouts as well. Players in the 9th & 10th grade are not required to participate in Varsity tryouts in order to participate in JV tryouts. Players in the 11th and 12th grade are not eligible for JV.
- Coaches will announce the JV roster on the evening of Sunday, February 9, 2020. The names of those invited to join the JV squad will be posted on the HHH athletics website (hhihsathletics.org) and at school. JV practice will start on Monday, February 10, 2020 at the Swamp practice field.